1.Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
2. Who are we
Wicklow Dementia Support (WDS) is a company limited by guarantee and is a registered charity in Ireland (CHY20536| RCN20081539). It is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. What we do
Wicklow Dementia Support provides community-based service and support by trained volunteers to people with dementia and their family carers in Co. Wicklow.
4. Type of Information we collect
The type of information we collect may include personal data which identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you. This includes name, postal or email address, telephone number and other contact information you provide on our online forms. Such information is only collected from you if you voluntarily submit it to us via our website and other means.
Depending on how and why you are interacting with us, we may collect special category personal data such as health data, accident and incident reports, Garda vetting information, training records, references.
If you make a donation on the website you will be asked to provide your credit/debit card number, we do not receive these details, they are encrypted using Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL Software”) and are transmitted directly to our payment providers IDonate.
5. How do we process your personal data?
Wicklow Dementia Support complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes: –
- To enable us to provide a voluntary service for the benefit of the public in a particular geographical area as specified in our constitution;
- To administer membership records;
- To fundraise and promote the interests of Wicklow Dementia Support;
- To manage our volunteers;
- To maintain our own accounts and records;
- To inform you of news, events, activities and services running at Wicklow Dementia Support;
- Personal data you submit to Wicklow Dementia Support will only be used to contact you when necessary, e.g. to process an application to volunteer, respond to a request or a referral for support, to send you any information or notifications you ask for, to acknowledge a donation, etc. Any personal data communicated via our online, email and phone support services is confidential within normal limits;
- Personal data submitted to wicklowdementiasupport.org is held on our secure servers .While no data transmission over the internet can ever be guaranteed to be 100% secure, we will take all reasonable steps (technically and organisationally) to protect your information. We will also work only with third parties who have clear and suitable privacy and data protection policies of their own.
6. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about news, events, activities and services and process your donations and keep you informed about Wicklow Dementia events
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation which Wicklow Dementia Support is subject;
- Processing is carried out by Wicklow Dementia Support CLG, a not-for-profit body. provided:
- the processing relates only to clients, volunteers and supporters or those who have regular contact with it in connection with those purposes; and
- there is no disclosure to a third party without consent, unless necessary for the purpose of service provision or legal obligation
7. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other members of Wicklow Dementia Support in order to carry out a service to other Wicklow Dementia Support members or for purposes connected with the service. We will only share your data with third parties outside of Wicklow Dementia Support with your consent, where legally obliged or to third parties who we engage to provide services to us, such as outsourced service providers, IT services providers, professional advisers and auditors.
8. How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep data in accordance with the guidance set out within Irish Data Protection Legislation, and guided by our statutory requirements and contractual obligations.
9. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Wicklow Dementia Support holds about you
- The right to request that Wicklow Dementia Support corrects any personal dataif it is found to be inaccurate or out of date
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Wicklow Dementia Support to retain such data
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commissioner
For further information on your rights see www.gdprandyou.ie or www.dataprotection.ie
10. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice. The new notice will explain the new use of your personal data prior to commencing the processing. It will set out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
11. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact the Data Protection Controller, Wicklow Dementia Support, Unit 6, Cedar Estate, Killarney Road, Bray, Co Wicklow.
You can contact the Data Protection Commissioner (Ireland) on +353 (0761) 104 800; via email email@example.com or by writing to: The Data Protection Commissioner, Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, Co. Laois, R32 AP23
Date: 13 May 2021 Wicklow Dementia Support CLG| CHY 20536|RCN 20081539